By accepting the Policy and the User Agreement in registration, you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy. This Policy is effective on July 5, 2016 for current users, and immediately upon acceptance by new users.
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1. Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account. You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in Republic of Singapore,
2. Information including, but not limited to, username, address, phone number, fax number and email address ("Registration Information") may be collected at the time of user registration on the site.
3. In connection with any transaction and payment services or services under our buyer protection schemes we provide on the site, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates and tracking information from cheques or money orders ("Account Information") may be collected to, among other things, facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
4. We record and retain details of users’ activities on the site. Information relating to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information and any trade dispute records (“Activities Information”) may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the site.
5. From time to time, we collect information about our users and prospective users during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we collect at these locations may include, but not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address ("Event Information").
6. We record and retain records of users' buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buyer behavioural patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the site and visitors to the site including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (together "Browsing Information").
7. Registration Information, Account Information, Activities Information, Event Information and Browsing Information generally relate to business entities and are together referred to as business data (“Business Data”). Insofar and only insofar as they constitute personally identifiable data of living individuals, such information is together referred to as personal data (“Personal Data”).
8. It is mandatory for users of the site to provide certain categories of Business Data and Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that users do not provide any or sufficient Business Data and/or Personal Data marked as mandatory, we will not be able to complete the registration process or provide such users with our products or services.
B. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorised us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. Verifying your identity;
2. Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Sites;
3. Processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the site and maintaining and managing your registration;
4. Providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
5. To facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the site;
6. Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the site, to improve our product offerings and services, for marketing and promotional purposes.
7. Subject to obtaining your consent in such form as may be required under the applicable law, we may use your name, phone number, residential address, email address and fax number ("Marketing Data") to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on the site.
8. If you voluntarily submit any information to the site for publication on the site through the publishing tools, including but not limited to, Company Profile, Product Catalogue, Trade Leads, TrustPass Profile and any discussion forum, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the site ("Voluntary Information"); and
9. Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against us.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the MarineCentral entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, and membership authentication and verification services) ("Service Providers"). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
2. You agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the MarineCentral entity that you are contracting with), for the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, your Personal Data to other affiliated companies within the MarineCentral group.
3. When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the MarineCentral entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organisations for the purposes specified at B.9 above.
4. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to at C.2 and C.3 above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in B.1 to B.9 above.
5. All Voluntary Information may be made publicly available on the site and therefore accessible by any internet user. Any Voluntary Information that you disclose to us becomes public information and you relinquish any proprietary rights (including but not limited to the rights of confidentiality and copyright) in such information. You should exercise caution when deciding to include personal or proprietary information in the Voluntary Information that you submit to us.
6. We may share your Account Information with banks or vendors to enable your transactions on the site to be completed. In addition, we may use your Account Information to determine your credit-worthiness and, in the process of such determination, we may need to make such Account Information available to banks or credit agencies. While we have in place up-to-date technology and internal procedures to keep your Account Information and other Personal Data secure from intruders, there is no guarantee that such technology or procedures can eliminate all of the risks of theft, loss or misuse.
7. We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission.
9. Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
10. Brand Protection Program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, postal code, country, phone number, email address and company name; and
12. For the avoidance of doubt, if MarineCentral has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, MarineCentral reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, MarineCentral may disclose the User's identity and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if MarineCentral is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. MarineCentral shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against MarineCentral for such disclosure.
D. RIGHT TO ACCESS/CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
1. We enable you to share personal information to complete transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
2. You agree to use user information only for: * Fulfilment of the transaction through this website and purposes related to the transaction; * Using services offered through this website (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or * Other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
80 Changi Road, #04-02
2. A "cookie" is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can be sent to your computer's hard drive only if you access the site using a computer. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same computer to access the site, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the site and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
4. You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the site. If you choose, you can change those configurations. By setting your preferences in the browser, you can accept all cookies or you can choose to be notified when a cookie is sent or you can choose to reject all cookies. If you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on the Sites more often and certain features of the site may be unavailable.
F. SPAM, SPYWARE AND SPOOFING
1. We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your communication preferences in My Account so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other users of this Website, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report related spam or spoof emails MarineCentral Support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
1. The site and their contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. However, we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our site. If a minor has provided us with personal
information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us at the address set out in paragraph D above to remove the information.
H. SECURITY MEASURES
1. We employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorised access to the site, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold.
2. For registered users of the site, your Registration Information and Account Information (if any) can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
3. No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
4. Your information is stored on our servers located in the Republic of Singapore. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private
5. Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, whether they are buyers or sellers on our Website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
6. MarineCentral is taking reasonable endeavours to protect user information and preventing unauthorized disclosure. The Personal Information Manager is not responsible for damage or loss of information due to unexpected incident due to hacking or other risks inherent to the network that may occur despite technical safeguards. MarineCentral is not responsible for any dispute arising from the users' posts.
J. FEEDBACK / QUESTIONS
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us online or by mail at:
80 Changi Road, #04-02
K. Governing Law
"For the avoidance of doubt, if MarineCentral has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, MarineCentral reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, MarineCentral may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if MarineCentral is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. MarineCentral shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against MarineCentral for such disclosure."